Change of Tenancy
What you need to know
If you have just constructed a new building, or you have moved into another premises, it is imperative that you establish a contract with GPL for that service in your name. To utilize electricity without making payments is illegal. The requirements when applying for a CHANGE OF TENANCY contract for our DOMESTIC services are:
- National Identification card or a valid passport
- Photocopy of both faces of ID card or photocopy of cover and picture page of passport
- Proof of ownership of the building (Transport or Bill of Sale) or evidence establishing you as the bonafide tenant. This may include a Tenancy Agreement (letter or contract).
- For new housing areas, proof of the transfer of the land title.
- A Certificate of Inspection from the Government Electrical Inspector, Ministry of Works, if :
- The building was recently constructed/renovated/rewired
- Electricity supply to the building was disconnected for more than six (6) months previous.